Bloggy Boot Camp Part II: Blogs to Follow

I'm back with a bunch of new blogs for you to follow in addition to my tribe members' blogs. I met each and every one of these ladies (and one man) at Bloggy Boot Camp in St. Louis where we were forced, though we went willingly, to sit at assigned tables and exchange business cards. As an extreme extrovert (read: girl who likes to hear herself talk) I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet all these new people and hear about their niches in the blogging world. They range from puppies to parenthood to Pinterest-worthy DIY projects that will probably never turn out for me. I hope you'll subscribe to a few of them, or follow along with them on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram/MyFace

OK, Myface is not a social network, but a boss of mine once asked "What do you think of MyFace?" Before I could answer, "Well, your nose could use some work," I realized he meant Facebook but had combined it with MySpace to become MyFace. I digress as usual. So, about those blogs you should follow:


A Cup Full of Sass

All about Fun, Family, Food and Fitness


ALLterNATIVE Learning

Raising Eco-Conscious Kids of Faith in a Modern World


Chocolate and Sunshine

Anytime your business card comes attached with chocolate, you're winning. This St. Louis area blogger tries to add chocolate and a ray of sunshine to each day. And her post on adult Easter baskets: yes, please!





Dirt and Boogers

There is not a better name for a blog written by a mom of two boys. Amanda is a play therapist who writes about "thoughtful parenting." I'm anxious to read more about her "Stop Yelling Challenge."


Grillin Fools

You Guys: Grill Tips. I don't know how to turn ours on, so hopefully there's a post on that. One of my new roommates also may want to look into this blog as he almost burnt the house down the other night trying to operate our grill. Not naming names, but STEVE, CLICK THIS LINK!



LalyMom

A Chicago-based stay at home mom of two with some great ideas for preschool crafts.


Learn from Yesterday

Jodee started her blog later in life and writes about what she's learned from her experience cooking, traveling and more. She reached out to everyone before the conference and connected with so many attendees by commenting on their About Me pages. Thankfully, it helped me catch a typo on mine.


Lemon Lime Adventures

The story of a blended family, a mom who homeschools and a little boy with sensory-processing disorder. Wonderfully and honestly written.


Mommy Works a Lot

Vanesse is a fellow member of the Omaha Bloggers Group. She blogs about being a career woman mama to a 5-year-old with asthma.



Makeovers and Motherhood

Alisha, a mom to three boys (THREE!) shares her adventures in motherhood, along with decorating tips and makeovers of the home and heart.

My Smart Puppy

This blog by Sarah Wilson is full of practical advice from a professional dog trainer who has written 8 books and has 35,000+ Twitter followers.


Oh Me Oh Mom

I met Alexa at the Mirsssou wine party at Bloggy Boot Camp where we chatted about her newborn blog and The Book Stop she helps her parents run in Illinois. What a sweetheart. She blogs about a little bit of everything.



Pumpkins and Projects

The is authored by the owner and operator of a pumpkin patch. As I shared on Facebook, they are trying to get Jimmy Fallon to agree to be immortalized in corn for their maze. The hashtag video is #hilarious.




Simply Designing

I had lunch with Ashley Phipps and couldn't wait to visit her DIY blog. She's an interior designer by trade and her projects are all Pinterest picturesque. Can I just hire her already?


STL (St. Louis) Motherhood

Where St. Louis moms find fun, but also tips on crafting, good books to read and products to buy.


***Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally

The homepage description says it all: "I'm about beer, Bill Clinton and being a basketcase. Holly spoke at the conference and had me snort laughing. Her writing is top notch and she will be one I definitely follow from here on out.
*This is my favorite!



Whitney Kate

Whitney Kate's website is beautifully designed and all about loving and living in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment