When Mom Joins Facebook



Have you ever had the privilege of watching someone else scroll through Facebook out loud? Lucky for me (since my mom is also my roommate) I have. And because I could not stop laughing as she did so, I started to take notes on the computer. Hopefully you will appreciate the humor as much as I did. Keep in mind, my mom is quite possibly the sweetest person in the world, and if she's your friend on Facebook, she's commented on something you've posted. So keep all those pictures of babies comin! Crazy Jan learned how to type hearts and now she has a whole cheat sheet of emoticons in her laptop bag, and she's prepared to use them.

Things my mom said while scrolling through Facebook:

"I'm not sure that is a good idea, you guys. You're going to be at the emergency room."

(Turns computer sideways) "Is that so and so? Huh? Bunch of hippies."

"Who's that? "God dangit!" (scroll bar got away) "Dammit!"

"If somebody gave me that for mother's day I'd say 'What the hell is this?'"

"Oh, they look so happy!"

"Isn't that a pretty butterfly? And kid too."

"$40 for that thing? What a waste of money."

(Laughs) "That's cute. I like that."

"He got to see the winner? My cousin? Huh. That's interesting."

"Let's see what we got here."

"That looks like alcohol was involved." (Comments: Love it!)

(I swear that last one wasn't on one of my pictures!)

Maybe I could make this a series. It could take off and be made into a TV sitcom

Oh, the possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment